The 2016 Metropolitan Summer Recital Series kicks off with a concert at Central Park SummerStage on Wed., June 22, in Central Park. All the concerts feature aria and duets from a variety of operas.
See the full SummerStage schedule of more than 100 concerts, from opera to hip-hop, funk, jazz and even Klezmer.
Here’s the full Met Opera 2016 free summer concerts schedule, so you can save the dates –
Wed., June 22nd at 8PM at Central Park SummerStage –
- Soprano Angel Blue, a rising star who will make her Met debut in a future season, tenor Ben Bliss, and baritone Alexey Lavrov, joined by pianist Dan Saunders.
Friday, June 24th at 7PM at Brooklyn Bridge Park –
- Angel Blue,Ben Bliss and Alexey Lavrov repeat the Central Park program.
Thursday, July 7 at 7PM at Clove Lakes Park, Staten Island –
- Soprano Michelle Bradley, tenor Kang Wang, and baritone Yunpeng Wang, all members of the Met’s Lindemann Young Artist Development Program
Saturday, July 9 at 7PM in Jackie Robinson Park, Harlem
- Michelle Bradley, Kang Wang and Unpeng Wang repeat the Staten Island program.
Wednesday, July 13 at 7PM in Crotona Park, Bronx
- Michelle Bradley, Kang Wang and Unpeng Wang encore the program
No tickets are required for any of the performances, and there are no rain dates, so let’s hope for fair weather.The Met’s Summer Recital Series is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council, and in collaboration with the Department of Parks and Recreation. Major funding has also been provided by The Elizabeth B. McGraw Foundation, in honor of Mrs. McGraw, and the Robert Wood Johnson, Jr. Charitable Trust’s Met Parks Concert Fund.