One of the surest sign of spring is when we have to reset our physical and internal clocks. Remember to Spring Forward and set your clocks and watches one hour ahead when you go to sleep tonight, March 12, 2016, so you won’t be one hour late for what you have planned on Sunday, whether that’s a museum gallery tour, your favorite Pilates class, or something else.
And here’s some other things else you should two twice a year – once in spring when your timers spring forward, and once in fall when timers fall back:Check or replace batteries in smoke detectors.
- Check fire extinguishers.
- Check or replace batteries in emergency flashlights
- Check or replace the contents of your emergency “go” bag.
- Plan at least two possible escape routes in case of fire.
- Replace your furnace and/or air conditioner filters to prepare for warm weather.
- Check or replace your car’s windshield wiper blades to prepare for spring showers that help make spring flowers bloom.
- Reset the timers on your inside and outside lights to take advantage of the extra daylight and cut down electricity use.
Spring forward, fall back. It’s easy to remember.
You’ll get that lost hour of sleep back this fall, when we switch back from what is called Daylight Saving Time.
EXPIRED, Sorry, this deal or event is no longer available.