Nibble your way through Grand Central Terminal FREE. On Wednesdays in July, GCT restaurants and shops set up booths in Vanderbilt Hall for tastings, giveaway samples and special discounts on purchases.
Taste of the Terminal is an annual event in Vanderbilt Hall, 11AM to 2PM and 4PM to 7PM, and includes live music performances, too. Get FREE tastes and FREE samples from Café Grumpy, Jacques Torres Ice Cream, Junior’s Bakery, Aveda and more.
There’s music, too, from talented local performers of Music Under New York, so you’ll hear some favorite NYC subway musicians above ground. Here’s the schedule for the rest of July:
Wednesday, July 15
- Café Grumpy, diptyque, Neuhaus Belgian Chocolates, Zaro’s Bakery
- Live Music provided by: Gabriel Aldort (jazz & pop keyboards & vocals)
- Financier Patisserie, Café Spice, Murray’s Cheese, Tia’s Place
- Live Music provided by: Salieu Suso & Jaliya Kafo (African beat trio)
Wednesday, July 22
- Junior’s Bakery, Li-Lac Chocolates, Oren’s Daily Roast, Tia’s Place
- Live Music provided by: Jason Green (jazz & blues guitar)
- Aveda, Beer Table, Feng Shui, Jacques Torres Ice Cream
- Live Music provided by: West Village Quartet (classical string ensemble)
Wednesday, July 29
- Junior’s Bakery, Neuhaus Belgian Chocolates, New York Transit Museum, Oren’s Daily Roast
- Live Music provided by: Cathy Grier “NYC Subway Girl” (guitarist & songwriter)
- Aveda, Café Spice, Feng Shui, Murray’s Cheese
- Live Music provided by: Robert Anderson Jazz Band (Jazz trio)
Tomorrow, we’ll have the actual products and giveaways you can snag.
If you have an event or sale that would be appropriate for NYC on the Cheap, tell us about it. Email us at [email protected]