Once again, Sam’s Club is offering FREE health screenings whether or not you are a Sam’s Club member. The free screenings, valued at $250, are Saturday, June 13, 2015, from 11am to 3pm. at Sam’s Club locations with a pharmacy.
With Men’s Health Month kicking off and Father’s Day just around the corner, June is the perfect time to ensure the men in our lives are healthy.
These “His Health” screenings are free and available at all Sam’s Club locations with a pharmacy (608 locations). The screenings are valued at $250 and include tests for both men and women:
- PSA (prostate-specific antigen) – This test is used to screen men ages 40 and over for prostate cancer by checking the blood level of PSA, a protein produced by the prostate gland
- Blood pressure
- Total cholesterol including HDL (good cholesterol)
- Risk ratio (relationship between total cholesterol and HDL cholesterol)
- Glucose (to measure your potential for Diabetes)
- Body mass index (BMI), also called Body Fat Percentage
- Vision (not available at all locations)
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), out of the approximately 29.1 million people who have diabetes in the U.S., 8.1 million of those are currently undiagnosed, so it’s important to find out if you have diabetes so it can be treated, or if you are at risk for diabetes, so you can change your lifestyle before it’s too late.
There’s a Sam’s Club in NYC in Astoria, Queens. Click here for other locations.