Sign up now for FREE yoga classes at the annual Times Square Yogathon, on June 21. Enjoy the longest day of the year, celebrated around the world with outdoor summer Solstice festivals, including at the annual Times Square Yogathon.
Join three or four thousand of your closest friends for what may be the world’s largest displays of Downward-facing Dog and Warrior Pose in what has to be one of the world’s largest yoga classes.
Register now for a reserved spot with specific yoga masters, and check back regularly as classes are added.
Mats are spread out all day, from dawn to past Broadway show curtain time on Sunday, June 21, 2015, so if you have theater tickets that night, allow some extra time to get through the crowd.
There’s a rotating roster of top meditation and yoga teachers to put you through your paces. Bring your own mat and squeeze into an empty a spot.
This video of what it looked like last year:
Here’s the class schedule from 2014, not 2015, which has not been finalized yet, but gives you an idea of what to expect:
- 5:30am – 6:30am: Sunrise Vinyasa, instructed by Tim Tompkins
- 7:30am – 8:30am: Salutations to Summer, instructed by Heather Lilleston
- 9:30am – 10:30am: Power Yoga, instructed by Bethany Lyons
- 11:30am – 1:00pm: Bikram, instructed by Donna Rubin
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm: Slow Flow Vinyasa, instructed by Paula Tursi
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm: Sun Sequence for Bent on Learning, instructed by Barbara Verrochi, Kristin Leigh, and Annie Piper
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm: Breath Informed Vinyasa, instructed by Douglass Stewart
- 8:00pm – 9:15pm: Sunset Flow, instructed by Ali Cramer
The annual Mind over Matter Yogathon event is sponsored by Athleta.