Clue and Lady and the Tramp are also celebrating their 30th and 60th anniversaries, respectively, this year. Both are being shown at the outdoor Drive-In series in Brookfield Place, the new name for the outdoor event space at the World Financial Center, across the West Side Highway from the World Trade Center.
Also included in the Tribeca Drive-In movie series screenings is the premiere of A Faster Horse, a documentary celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Ford Mustang.
Tribeca Drive-In Outdoor Screenings are Thursday-Saturday, April 16-18. Doors open at 6pm; screenings begin at dusk, approximately 8:15pm. Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Clue – Thursday, April 16
Six guests descend on a mysterious house, where the butler Wadsworth (Tim Curry) draws them into a murderous game of whodunit. Celebrate the 30th birthday of the beloved board game turned cult comedy classic, co-starring Eileen Brennan, Madeline Kahn, Christopher Lloyd, Michael McKean, and Martin Mull. Directed by Jonathan Lynn. Courtesy of Paramount.
- Calling Colonel Mustard! Come dressed as your favorite Clue character for a chance to win prizes, or get dressed up in our Murder Mansion photo booth and bring the game to life. Get in on the action with board games, scavenger hunts, movie trivia, and more.
Lady and the Tramp – Friday, April 17
This Disney animated classic has been a family favorite for 60 years, this animated romance follows the uptown cocker spaniel Lady, who falls for a fast-talking mutt from the other side of the tracks. But an unfortunate trip to the pound leaves her wondering just what it is about that Tramp. Directed by Clyde Geronimi, Wilfred Jackson, Hamilton Luske. Courtesy of Walt Disney Pictures.
- Bring the one you love to a romantic night on the waterfront, complete with accordion players, Italian love song sing-alongs, face-painting, photo booths, contests and a surprise appearance by one of the internet’s most beloved dogs
A Faster Horse – Saturday, April 18
World Premiere of this documentary celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of iconic Ford Mustang approaches. The film documents the a redesign, placing the jobs and expectations of thousands squarely on the shoulders of Chief Program Engineer Dave Pericak. Masterfully crafted by TFF alumnus David Gelb (Jiro Dreams of Sushi), A Faster Horse is more than a film just for car lovers, since it is a resonant examination of American ingenuity, workmanship, and resilience.
- Come early to help celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Ford Mustang with an all-American food & beverage celebration, interactive car-themed simulations, movie trivia and other great contests.
Back to the Future – Saturday, April 25
From the Academy Award-winning filmmakers Steven Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis, this is the original, groundbreaking adventure that sparked one of the most successful trilogies ever. Starring Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd, the phenomenally popular film is an unrivaled adventure that stands the test of time.
- Join us for a FREE screening and pre-show program featuring a sneak peek at the upcoming documentary “Back In Time.
- Note that this free film screening is at 6pm, at BMCC/Tribeca Performing Arts Center, 199 Chambers Street. Doors open at 5:30pm.