Enjoy the longest day of the year, celebrated around the world with outdoor summer Solstice festivals, including at the annual Times Square Yogathon. Join three or four thousand of your closest friends for what may be the world’s largest displays of Downward-facing Dog and Warrior Pose in what has to be one of the world’s largest yoga classes.
Mats are spread out all day, from dawn to past Broadway show curtain time on Saturday, June 21, 2014, so if you have theater tickets that night, allow some extra time to get through the crowd.
There’s a rotating roster of top meditation and yoga teachers to put you through your paces. Bring your own mat and squeeze into an empty a spot.
The hourly schedule of classes is below this video of what it looked like last year:
Here’s the class schedule:
- 5:30am – 6:30am: Sunrise Vinyasa, instructed by Tim Tompkins
- 7:30am – 8:30am: Salutations to Summer, instructed by Heather Lilleston
- 9:30am – 10:30am: Power Yoga, instructed by Bethany Lyons
- 11:30am – 1:00pm: Bikram, instructed by Donna Rubin
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm: Slow Flow Vinyasa, instructed by Paula Tursi
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm: Sun Sequence for Bent on Learning, instructed by Barbara Verrochi, Kristin Leigh, and Annie Piper
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm: Breath Informed Vinyasa, instructed by Douglass Stewart
- 8:00pm – 9:15pm: Sunset Flow, instructed by Ali Cramer
The annual Yogathon event is sponsored by Athleta.