48,000 runners, thousands of volunteers, and around two million spectators will jam New York City streets and bridges tomorrow for the annual ING New York City Marathon through all five boroughs. There are the road closures and traffic changes across all five boroughs that will affect us all— so please take the subway and do not drive anywhere near the race route. Here is the list of closures along the 26.2 mile route that starts on Staten Island and finishes in Central Park –
- The Verrazano-Narrows Bridge upper level –closed midnight to 3 p.m. , and the entire bridge is closed from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Fourth Avenue – 82nd Street to Flatbush Avenue, 7:15 a.m. to 1:35 p.m.
- Flatbush Avenue – Fourth Avenue to Lafayette Avenue, 7:30 a.m. to 1:35 p.m.
- Lafayette Avenue – Flatbush Avenue to Bedford Avenue, 8 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Bedford Avenue – Lafayette Avenue to Manhattan Avenue, 7:30 a.m. to 2:50 p.m.
- Manhattan Avenue – Bedford Avenue to Greenpoint Avenue, 7:45 a.m. to 2:55 p.m.
- Greenpoint Avenue – Manhattan Avenue to McGuinness Boulevard, 8 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
- McGuinness Boulevard – Greenpoint Avenue to the Pulaski Bridge, 8 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
- The Pulaski Bridge will be closed from 8 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
- Eleventh Street – Pulaski Bridge to 48th Avenue, 8 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
- Forty-Eighth Avenue – 11th Street to Vernon Boulevard, 8 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
- Vernon Boulevard – 48th Avenue to 10th Street, 8 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
- Forty-fourth Drive – 10th Street to Hunter Street, 8:30 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
- Hunter Street – 44th Drive to Crescent Street, 8:30 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
- Crescent Street – Hunter Street to Queens Boulevard, 8:30 a.m. to 3:20 pm.
- Queens Boulevard – Queensboro Bridge to Crescent Street, 8:30 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
- The Queensboro Bridge will be closed from 7 a.m. to 3:45 pm.
- First Avenue – East 59th Street to the Willis Avenue Bridge, 8:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- The Willis Avenue Bridge will be closed 8:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- East 138th Street – Fifth Avenue to the Madison Avenue Bridge, 9:00 a.m. to 5:05 p.m.
- Fifth Avenue – East 90th Street to East 120th Street, and from East 124th Street to East 138th Street, 9 a.m. to 5:35 p.m.
- Mount Morris Parkway – West 120th Street to West 124th Street, 9 a.m. to 5:20 p.m.
- Central Park East Drive – West 59th Street to East 90th Street is closed all day.
- Central Park South (59th Street from Fifth Avenue to Columbus Circle) is closed 9 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- Central Park West Drive is closed from West 59th Street to West 67th Street will be closed all day.
- Willis Avenue – Willis Avenue Bridge to East 135th Street, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- East 135th Street – Alexander Avenue to Willis Avenue, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Alexander Avenue – East 135th Street to East 138th Street, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- East 138th Street – Morris Avenue to Alexander Avenue, and from the Madison Avenue Bridge to Rider Avenue, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Morris Avenue – East 138th Street to East 140th Street, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- East 140th Street – Rider Avenue to Morris Avenue, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rider Avenue -East 138th Street to East 140th Street, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Madison Avenue Bridge is closed from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.