January is the fifth annual Learn to Ski & Snowboard Month when resorts and areas throughout the United States offer special discount deals to get you to love playing in the snow. the program is for beginners to learn, and others to improve. Last winter nearly 100,000 beginners took advantage of the initiative, which can include equipment, lift tickets and a lesson for less than the price of just one of the three.
Each ski area designs its own LSSM offer, so check the Ski and Snowboard Month website for what’s being offered close to you. Newcomers who don’t want to try to learn on their own can bring a buddy and also enter to win prizes through the Bring a Friend Challenge. Here are some offers within weekend driving distance of Times Square:
- Ski Areas of New York members are offering 10,000 $10 lift tickets for use one day only, on January 10 plus other well-priced learning deals throughout January. Click here for the recent full NYCOTC posting on the $10 list tickets. New York, in fact, boasts more ski/snowboard areas than any other state.
- In Pennsylvania, SkiPA‘s statewide discount voucher program includes special January learning programs.
- Ski New Hampshire member areas each offer a free beginner lift, lesson and rental package during the week of January 12.
- Ski Vermont resorts have a similar lift/lesson/rental deal for $29 per day all month.
- Ski Maine‘s third annual Get a Lift contest includes prizes for families that learn how to ski or snowboard.