Celebrate the eight nights of Hanukkah with eight FREE family events at the JCC on the Upper West Side. The sing-alongs and candle lightings are in the lobby every night of Hanukah at 5:15 pm (Friday at 2:45 pm), with free food and other treats, including traditional Hanukkah latkes and gelt. Everyone is welcome, whether you are Jewish or not. The JCC is at 334 Amsterdam Avenue, at 76th St.
Here is the nightly schedule —
- Saturday 12/8 – Guy Menedlow Ensemble for a taste of Ladino music and snack on North African and Sephardic treats.
- Sunday 12/9 – Songs from the JJP Chorus with traditional Hanukah treats.
- Monday 12/10 – Sing along of traditional Hanukah songs followed by a tasting from the JCC’s in-house caterer, Simply Divine.
- Tuesday, 12/11 – Drum circle, and enjoy a tasting of eight healthy oils.
- Wednesday, 12/12 – Families are welcome to sing traditional Hanukah songs and walk away with lots of chocolate coins
- Thursday, 12/13 – Enjoy tunes from a Klezmer duo while enjoying a latke tasting from Chef Jennifer Abadi.
- Friday, 12/14 (Starts at 2:45pm) – Get to know the staff of the JCC with a wine tasting and small bites.
- Saturday, 12/15 – End the holiday on a sweet note with story telling from Shawn Shafner, and traditional jelly donuts.