Sometimes, a restaurant is too new for a liquor license. Other times, they choose to keep prices down by avoiding the per-glass mark-up. Either way, BYOB is a charming and cost-effective way to enjoy a meal in New York City. These are the five best bring your own beer or wine bistros and restaurants in NYC, as chosen by the NYC-based editors of Budget Travel magazine —
- Tartine, a tiny French bistro, in the West Village
- A, offering French-Caribbean cuisine, on the Upper West Side
- Tea & Sympathy, English comfort food, plus afternoon tea, in Chelsea
- Angelica Kitchen, Asian Fusion, in the East Village
- Lucali, thin-crust, brick-oven pizza some say is the best in Brooklyn, in Park Slope
Click here for the full article in Budget Travel, and thanks to editor Laura Michonski. And you can always find more meal deals in NYC on the NYCOTC Daily Deals Round-up page, and on the NYCOTC Birthday Freebies page.