The Oscars may be at home in Los Angeles, but The Big Apple is the star of dozens of Oscar-winning films. The Film Society of Lincoln Center celebates the Oscars all weekend with showings of award-winning films set right here, in New York City.
Saturday, Mar. 6, Oscar-winning movies set in New York City are:
- Klute (1971) — Jane Fonda, Best Actress
- The Subject Was Roses (1968) — Jack Albertson, Best Supporting Actor. Director Ulu Grosbard and Frank Gilroy, the Pulitzer Prize-winning writer of the play and screenplay, will be on hand for this showing!
- Kramer vs. Kramer (1979) — Five Oscars, including Best Picture, Director, and Actor, Dustin Hoffman. Director Sam Jaffee will be on hand for this showing.
- Raging Bull (1980) – Best Actor, Robert de Niro
NYC Oscar winners for Sunday, Mar. 7 are an offer you can’t refuse:
- The Godfather (1972) – Winner of Best Picture Oscar
- Annie Hall (1977) – Winner of Best Picture Oscar