- New York Tartan Day Parade — Celebrate Scotland and the Scots in NYC at this annual gathering of the clans, full of bagpipes, kilts and tartan plaids. Parade route is along Sixth Avenue, 45th street to 55th street, starting at 2 p.m. And celebrate afterward with a wee dram of a single malt somewhere.
- ‘Union Square: Crossroads of New York’ — FREE walking tour focusing on the area’s important political history, sponsored by the Union Square Partnership. Meet at 2 p.m. by the statue of Lincoln in Union Square Park, near the 16th Street transverse.
- Memoirs of a Geisha — FREE screening of the memorable film, at the Sony Wonder Technology Theater on Madison Ave. and 55th St., at 3 p.m. Reservations are required; click here.
- Flatiron District Walking Tour — FREE 90-minute tour of local historical and architectural landmarks, sponsored by the Flatiron-23rd Street Partnership, will meet every Sunday at 11 a.m. at the William Seward statue in Madison Square Park, Broadway and 23rd Street. Among the sites on the route are the New York Life Insurance Building, the MetLife Tower and the Flatiron Building. If the tour guide doesn’t tell you, be sure to ask where the term ’23 Skidoo” originated? Hint — it refers to the Flatiron Building.
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral — FREE organ recital at 4:45 p.m. by the organist and director of music of the First United Methodist Church of Columbus, Indiana