Meet fashion designer Zac Posen at the Lord & Taylor flagship store on Fifth Avenue, on Wednesday, April 18th. He’s there to launch the new Z Spoke Zac Posen dresses, designed exclusively for Lord & Taylor. Attendees also will get the first chance to shop the new moderately-priced line, get fashion advice from the popular designer, a a free gift with purchase during the event. The event is FREE, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., but registration is required to guarantee space. RSVP to email@example.com with Zac Posen in the subject line. Also — get 25% off almost all regular and sale items through Sunday, April 22nd, during the Friends and Family sale. Click here to download the coupon.
Lord & Taylor — $20 Doorbuster card when you spend $40+, in-store only, until 1 PM. There’s also a 20% off Black Friday discount for purchases storewide, either online or in-store. Use promo code THANKS at check-out.
Eddie Bauer — 40% anything, online or in-store, before noon. Also, get $50 in Eddie Bauer bucks towards your next purchase of $150+, to use anytime before December 28, 2011.
EMS — half off fleece vests for men and women at Eastern Mountain Sports, while supplies last. Also, EMS will have a different “power deal” every six hours on Black Friday.
Get into the holiday spirit on Monday, November 14th at the Lord & Taylor Fifth Avenue store with special discounts on nearly everything in the store, including cosmetics. You have to buy a $5 ticket to get the discounts, and all the proceeds from ticket sales support the Young People’s Chorus of New York City. There also will be prizes, fashion and beauty make-overs, book signings and a chance to be photographed with Santa. This is a good deal — you get discounts, and support a great program for young people at the same time.
- Daffy‘s — leather jackets and other leather outerwear from designers including Cole Haan and Fourteen Zero, for men and women, are up to 80% off original retail. Also, Italian sportswear is 25% off Daffy’s already discounted prices.
- Eddie Bauer — save between $20 and $75 on lightweight down jackets and vests for men, women and kids. Also check out a fabulous thing called the down sweater, which is just as it sounds — a micro-weight layer you can wear instead of a sweater.
- Uniqlo — the Japanese retailer is celebrating the opening of its flagship store on Fifth Avenue and 53rd St. and on 34th St. between Fifth and Sixth Avenues with a special reduction on its lightweight down jacket, from $79.90 to $59.90. Wish I had known they would do this, before I bought one last month at one of the Uniqlo pop-up stores.
- Lord & Taylor — 25% off clothing and accessories, incluidng outwear, for men, women and kids, at the Friends and Family sale. Click here to download and print the in-store pass.
- Chico‘s — take an additional 40% off already reduced prices online only. Tops start at $7.98, pants at $17.98, sweaters at $19.98. Use code 10522 at checkout.
Fashion’s Night Out should be more than just a grab bag of free events like the chance to meet celebrities. At Lord & Taylor it is. When you buy FNO merchandise — including good looking t-shirts made by Theory and reusable sturdy tote bags from Brahmin — proceeds go to the New York City AIDS Fund in the Community Trust. You can also meet up with celebs including Ivanka Trump and Solange Knowles, have your make-up done, and more, starting at noon at the Fifth Avenue store. RSVPs required — email RSVP@lordandtaylor and put FNO in the subject line. Click here for the full FNO schedule at Lord & Taylor
- Lord & Taylor — 50% off raincoats
- CVS — BOGO batteries for flashlights and other electronics in case the electricity goes out
- BJ’s — reminder that BJ’s is offering a FREE 60-day membership and one-day shopping pass through August, so this is a good time to stock up on supplies you might need to get you through the hurricane.
It’s the first ever Bridal Blow-out sale at Lord & Taylor, with designer bridal gowns clearance priced as low as $99.99 and bridesmaid dresses at $59.99. The sale is only at the Fifth Avenue store, only on Saturday, August 13th, only from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. These are current spring and summer gowns, including stock from other Lord & Taylor store locations, but probably will not include the best-selling gowns inspired by Kate Middleton and Pippa Middleton by designer Allen Schwartz. You must register to attend — that’s easy — just send an email to RSVP@LordandTaylor with Bridal Sale in the subject line. You will be given a wristband when you check in at the store’s front entrance, and only customers wearing wristbands will be allowed into the Bridal Salon. Each person who registers can bring up to two guests, and you can bring up to three dresses at a time into the communal dressing room. Bridal Blow-out attendees also have the chance to win a $500 Lord & Taylor shopping spree.
Every bride feels like a princess on her wedding day, even if her name isn’t Kate Middleton, now the Duchess of Cambridge. Lord & Taylor has snagged a collection of bridal gowns and attendant’s dresses inspired by the Royal Wedding, designed by A.B.S. for Allen Schwartz. The collection includes versions of the dress worn by Kate’s sister, Pippa Middleton, and the jewelry they both wore. Attend a FREE special showing of this special wedding collection on Wednesday, June 13th, from 6 pm to 8 pm at the main Lord & Taylor store on Fifth Avenue and 40th Street, in the third floor Bridal Salon. Registration is required to attend. Call 212-391-3287 for an appointment. Attendees also receive a free gift. Click here to view the entire collection.
Shop Runner is a new service that gives you free two-day shipping from major department stores and on-line merchandisers, including Lord & Taylor, Sports Authority, eBags, Drugstore.com, Pet Smart, and free delivery from Domino’s Pizza. Sign up for a FREE Shop Runner 30-day trial of unlimited two-day shipping. Keep, but keep track of the days, since you’ll have to use a credit card to sign up for the free trial, and Shop Runner costs $79 a year after that. You can cancel within the 30-day free trial without being charged $79. Since a lot of companies — including Lord & Taylor — already offer free shipping for orders over $99, you’ll have to sit down with your calculator and decide whether the $79 a year deal is a good one. Or not.