Here’s how to get FREE tickets to the most popular late night shows, including to rehearsals, and the rules for studio admission.
- All shows have strict admission policies to prevent the free tickets from being sold, and to prevent fights on the line for standby tickets or studio seating.
- Dress appropriately, since you might be on TV during audience shots. Be aware that the shows reserve the right to deny you admission, even with a ticket, if you are dressed inappropriately for TV or appear to be “under the influence”.
- You will have to pass airport-like security for some shows, including showing a valid photo ID with proof of age
- Children under 16 are not permitted (18 for some shows) regardless whether a parent or other adult accompanies them.
- While smartphones, tablets and other recording devices are permitted, they may not used during a taping. You will be ejected from the audience for using an electronic device for any reason during a taping. Save your selfies or texting for before or after the taping.
- Perhaps most important, some shows do not guarantee admission even with a ticket, so do not book airline tickets based on a ticket for a TV show taping that may not materialize.
That being said, here’s how to get tickets to the most popular late night TV shows:
Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
Tickets to Late Night With Jimmy Fallon are generally released the first week of the month for the following month’s tapings. That means that August tickets become available during the first week of July, etc. There’s no standard date or time for releases, so you’ll need to check the show’s website or Twitter @FallonTonight account at the beginning of the month.
- Book free tickets to see a taping of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon by going to: http://www.showclix.com/event/thetonightshowstarringjimmyfallon. All available dates are listed on the calendar pages.
Standby tickets: If you’re not able reserve tickets in advance, standby tickets are available same-day for each show. Standby tickets do not guarantee admission, but when there are extra tickets or cancellations, those seats are distributed to the people in standby line. For standby tickets, arrive no later than 9 a.m. on the morning of the taping, under “NBC Studios” marquee on the 49th Street side of 30 Rockefeller Plaza. The line typically forms before 9 a.m.
- Note that if you leave the line for any reason you will not be permitted to return to your original place in line, even if your travel companion remains in place. One standby ticket is granted per person. For additional tickets, you must rejoin the end of the line.
Monologue rehearsal tickets: A limited number of tickets are available daily. Note that this is not a rehearsal for the full show, only for the opening monologue. Get tickets online here, or Ticket can be requested online Are handed out starting at 11:30 am at the Tour Desk inside the NBC Experience Store located at 30 Rockefeller Center. At 1:30 pm additional tickets are handed out by the Late Night show interns inside the NBC Experience Store, and at 3:20 pm on the Mezzanine level of 30 Rock, if seats are still available.
- Note that the website for Jimmy Fallon Monologue Rehearsal Tickets is different than for tickets to the full show
Tapings at NBC Studios at 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
Late Show With Stephen Colbert
Tickets to the new Late Show with Stephen Colbert are available on an irregular basis. Check the website for updates on ticket availability. Due to the large volume of requests for tickets, you may apply for tickets only once in a six-month period. Those who have already attended a show are not eligible to attend for another six months from the date of attendance.
Schedule: The Late Show generally tapes Monday through Friday at 5:30pm; aim to arrive no later than 3pm.
Tapings at Ed Sullivan Theater, 1697 Broadway, between 53rd and 54th St.
Late Show With Stephen Colbert website
Saturday Night Live
Tickets to Saturday Night Live are available by lottery only, during the month of August only, for the September-June season. To enter, send an email to email@example.com during the month of August only (in advance of the upcoming season). Include all contact information, but do not request a specific date. One email per household is allowed. Winners receive two tickets for a specific show date and performance (dress rehearsal or live show).
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and hope for the best.
Standby and rehearsal tickets: You’ll likely have better luck getting a standby or rehearsal ticket. You can choose between the 8pm dress rehearsal and the 11:30pm live taping, though you’re not guaranteed admission. These are distributed the morning of the show at 7:30am on the 49th st. side of 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
- As with standby tickets for Jimmy Fallon, the line typically forms well before 7:30am, it is one ticket per person, and if you leave the line for any reason you will not be permitted back into the place you left, even if a companion remains in place.
Schedule: On Saturdays, arrive no later than 7:15pm for the 8pm dress rehearsal and 10:45pm for the 11:30pm live show.
Tapings at NBC Studios at 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
Note that there is no information about tickets on the Saturday Night Live website.
The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
Trevor Noah replaced Jon Stewart in September 2015.
Tickets to the Daily Show can be requested online. After a reservation request is successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with check-in instructions for the day of your show. Only the named reservation holder can check in this reservation. Note that having a reservation does not guarantee entry.
The show begins issuing physical tickets at check-in starting at 2:30PM, and stops when studio capacity has been met. Tickets are given only to members of your group who are present with you at the time of check-in. If they are not present, you will be able to put their tickets on hold until 4PM at the time of check-in only. If your remaining guests do not arrive by 4PM, their tickets will be cancelled. Also note you must be at least 18 to attend this show.
Tapings at 733 Eleventh Avenue, between 51st and 52nd Streets.
Daily Show with Trevor Noah website.
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
Tickets to Last Week Tonight with John Oliver become available one month prior to the show, which is taped Sundays at 3pm.
Tapings at the CBS Broadcast Center, 528 West 57th Street between 10th and 11th Avenue
Late Night With Seth Meyers
Tickets for Late Night with Seth Meyers can be requested for up to a month in advance by registering on the website. The show admits it overbooks to ensure a full studio audience, and warns that a ticket reservation does not guarantee admission. Ticket reservations are “will call” pickup only and released only to the name on the reservation with a photo ID, so you can’t reserve for friends.
All members of the ticket reservation party must be present with valid ID with proof of age to check in at the same time. Once a party checks in, any additional tickets on the reservation are automatically forfeited to the stand-by line and cannot be reclaimed.
Monologue rehearsal tickets: These are given out daily at the NBC Experience Store every day at 12:30pm.
Same day Stand By Tickets are available on the morning of taping at the NBC Experience store (near the 49th St entrance) starting at 9am. Shows typically tape Monday-Thursday.
Get tickets here for Late Night with Seth Meyers Tapings are at Studio 8G at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
Tapings at Studio 8G 30 Rockefeller Plaza