Friday freebies: The annual Good Morning America (GMA) FREE Friday morning free summer concerts in Central Park begins this week with superstar Ariana Gande. On future Fridays, the GMA Summer Concert Series features Pitbull, country stars Kenney Chesney and Jason Aldean, and Flo Rida.
The 14-week concert schedule follows below, with hashtags for each event.
Performances are in Rumsey Field in Central Park. Viewers interested in joining “GMA” in Central Park are encouraged to arrive at Rumsey Playfield via the 72nd street entrance on Fifth Avenue at 6:00am when the park opens to the public. The show is broadcast live, including the concert, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
and get free and cheap events like this by email every morning.
Note that some concerts require tickets for admission – this year only the Ariana Grande and Demi Lovato concerts require advance registration.
Tickets are free, and available from Good Morning America before each concert date.
The 2016 Summer Concert Series returns for the eighth year to Rumsey Playfield in Central Park, home of SummerStage, with its ongoing series of free music performances all summer.
- May 20 – Ariana Grande (#ArianaOnGMA)
- May 27 – Flo Rida (#FloRidaOnGMA)
- June 3 – Pitbull (#PitbullOnGMA)
- June 10 – Iggy Azalea (#IggyOnGMA)
- June 17 – Demi Lovato (#DemiOnGMA)
- June 24 – Brad Paisley (#PaisleyOnGMA)
- July 1 – Blink 182 (#Blink182onGMA)
- July 8 – Kenny Chesney (#ChesneyOnGMA)
- July 15 – TBD
- July 22 – Sia (#SiaOnGMA)
- July 29 – TBD
- August 5 – X Ambassadors (#XAmbassadorsOnGMA)
- August 12 – Keith Urban (#KeithUrbanOnGMA)
- August 19 – TBD
- August 26 – Jason Aldean (#AldeanOnGMA)
- September 2 – Jason Derulo (#DeruloOnGMA)