Black Friday and Cyber Monday aren’t the only days to save money on holiday gifts. Some days are better for clothing bargains, others for electronics or toys. Here’s a day-by-day guide from Savings.com, which analyzed more than 1.5 million deals from 25,000 retailers and polled top consumer and shopping experts to find the best times to buy popular holiday gifts.
- Thanksgiving Day, November 22 — This is the new and unofficial start for Black Friday sales.
- Black Friday, November 23– Electronics and apparel are the best gifts to shop for on Black Friday, as well as the days immediately following.
- Small Business Saturday, November 24th — Avoid the chains on Small Business Saturday and get $25 back from American Express for shopping at small businesses
- Cyber Monday, November 26 — The best gifts to shop for on Cyber Monday are electronics, apparel, toys & games, and items for the home & garden.
- November 27-December 7 — Get the best deals from major toy retailers.
- Free Shipping Day, December 17 – There is another spike of great deals from apparel brands on the last day free shipping is available to holiday shoppers looking to get their purchases delivered in time for Christmas.
- December 20-25 — The best deals on food and wine are available the few days before Christmas.
You can always find great deals on the NYCOYC Daily Deals Round-up Page.