There’s a long list of free and cheap family-friendly Halloween events in New York City. Most events and activities are FREE, and nothing on this list costs more than $15, so there’s nothing to scare your Halloween budget. Click each link for exact times.
- Hansel and Gretel’s Halloween Adventure -
New Halloween Puppet Show at the Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre
Multiple performances daily through Saturday, November 3rd.
- Festival: Fright Night! – At The MET
Friday, October 26 @ The Metropolitan Museum of Art, free with museum admission. Suitable for kids 10 and older
- Halloween: Bats at Belvedere Castle
Friday, October 26 @ Central Park – NYC Dept. of Parks & Recreation
- Annual Halloween Extravaganza and Procession of the Ghouls
Friday, October 26 @ Cathedral of St John the Divine, 112th St. and Amsterdam Ave.
- Spirits of the Past: The Many Faces of Eliza Jumel
Saturday, October 27 @ Morris-Jumel Mansion
- Crypt Crawls: A Halloween Tour
Saturday, October 27 through Wednesday, October 31 @ Cathedral of St John the Divine
- Halloween Eco Crafts – Van Cortlandt Park
Sunday, October 28
- Halloween: Parade and Pumpkin Sail
Sunday, October 28 @ Charles A. Dana Discovery Center, Harlem Meer, Central Park
- Halloween: Sweet Spot Festival Presents Baby Got Soul!
Kids Halloween Costume Dance Party!
Sunday, October 28 @ Jackie Robinson Park