Get ‘moo’ving” so you don’t miss this one-day sale on grass-fed ground beef at $4.99 Wholefoods on Friday, Sept. 7. In addition to being grass-fed, the beef is free of antibiotics or added hormones, raised on ranches that have been certified by Wholefoods global animal welfare program. Stock up the freezer. This deal is at Wholefoods in the NYC metro area and nationwide. Here are some cooking tips specific to grass-fed beef, from the butchers at Wholefoods –
- Don’t cook grass-fed beef cold; it is best when removed from the refrigerator 15 minutes or so prior to cooking.
- When cooking on the grill, let the flames burn down more than is recommended for other meat. Also, it doesn’t need as much cooking time.
- When cooking in the oven, lower the oven’s cooking temperature by about 25°F, and the cooking time will stay about the same.
- Always use tongs, never a fork, to turn your beef; don’t press or flatten during cooking in order to retain precious juices.
- Click here for 25 ground beef recipes from Wholefoods
- Click here for deals on restaurants in New York City and NYC area