The annual NYC Harlem Week kicks off Sunday, July 29, with A Great Day in Harlem, a day-long collection of family=oriented music and dance events, arts and crafts and more in several uptown locations. This should really be called Harlem Month, since events continue through the weekend of August 18/18. Here’s some of what’s happening this Sunday — and all of it is FREE
- 1 p.m. — International Showcase, with performances by Millenium Dance Company, National Dance Institute and The African Chorus Ensemble, at U. S. Grant Memorial National Park, better known as Grant’s Tomb, at 122nd St. and Riverside Drive .
- 2 p.m. — Swing Dancing to a live Jazz band at the Dana Discover Center, at the Harlem Meer in Central Park, 110th St. and Fifth Ave.
- 3 p.m. — International Gospel Showcase, also at Grant’s Tomb
- 4:30 p.m. — A fashion showcase of emerging local talent, also at Grant’s Tomb
- 6:30 p.m. — A concert salute to international Music Legends, with special tribute to Hal Jackson, also at Grant’s Tomb