It’s a busy weekend for street fairs and markets, outdoors and inside in the air conditioning. Take a bite out of the Big Apple for cheap with these five annual events that are happening this weekend only –
- Times Square Summer Fair — 10 am. to 6 pm., on Broadway, between 47th and 57th Streets
- East Village Street Fair — 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., on Fourth Avenue, between Ninth and 14th Streets
- Chelsea Bazaar — Indoor market featuring local merchants from Chelsea and Greenwich Village, plus local microbrews made in Brooklyn and Bronx, local bands, and giveaways. In the Altman Building, 135 West 18th Street. Scroll down for full NYCOTC posting earlier this week, or click here for direct link.
- Bastille Day — Celebrate all things French on East 60th Street, between Fifth and Lexington Avenues. Scroll down to read full NYCOTC posting earlier this week, or click here for direct link.
- Japan Star Festival — Celebrate all things Japanese, including origami paper folding workshops for kids, at this indoor festival at the Japan Society, 333 East 47th Street. Tickets are $12; free for children age two and under. Event website
Whatever you do this weekend in New York City, we hope it is fun — and cheap.